You have the latest WordPress, Elementor and Elementor Pro are updated, and basically your site is stable. Still, the ‘Edit with Elementor’ button is missing in action when you try to create a post or page.
Two things you can do:
- Create a Page (or Post) using the normal route of Menu -> Pages -> Add new
- You are now in GutenBerg (or if you use Jeff Starr’s ‘Disable GutenBerg’ plugin you are in good old classic editor)
- Enter a Title (optional body text), and save the page
- If you return to the Pages list, or if you click on ‘edit’ for a page, you will see no option to Edit with Elementor.
- Click on edit, now you are once again in a single page (or post) Gutenberg (or Classic Editor) page.
- The URL will read something like this
- If you use GutenBerg: https://www.e2app.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4985&action=edit&lang=en
- If you use Classic Editor: https://www.e2app.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4985&action=edit&classic-editor
- Replace everything behind the “=” with: elementor
- Result: https://www.e2app.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4985&action=elementor
- Now, if you return to the Page list (or Post list) you will see the option to Edit with Elementor.
- Note: This does not fix getting the button ‘Edit with Elementor’ back once you are in the edit page.
Hope this helps someone.